URGENT: WPC54G / Toshiba / FC3

Lotsa Cabo lotsacabo at spamjammer.com
Sat Dec 11 20:14:43 UTC 2004

Okay, I'm about to loose my mind.  Please help.  Here are the facts...

Installing FC3 on a Toshiba Satellite 5005-S507... clean install.
When booting from CD, the machine hangs after "/sbin/loader".  I can
get by this if I add "acpi=off" to the boot options.
So, I installed with the "acpt=off" boot option and the OS comes up.  I
now have two problems.

PROBLEM #1: MANUAL SHUTDOWN REQUIRED
When I shut down the machine, FC3 shuts down without any errors.
However, instead of powering off, I get the "Power Off" message as the
last message on the console.  This is more disappointing than anything
and is not, per se, a "problem," but it should not be this way.  It
worked fine with FC2.

PROBLEM #2: LINUXANT DRIVERLOADER
I own a copy of DriverLoader and it worked fine with FC2.  However,
under FC3, I get "no devices detected" errors (or similar).  Since I am
disabling the "ACPI" on boot, I cannot help but think of it but I doubt
that's where I should be looking.  Has something changed in PCMCIA?

Any help would be appreciated.  Be gentle, newbie at the controls.

Thanx,
Ryan