laptop touchpad causing browser 'Back'??

Wayne Leutwyler wayne-leutwyler at columbus.rr.com
Sat Dec 11 21:18:16 UTC 2004

Stephen Walton wrote:

>On Sat, 2004-12-11 at 15:33 -0500, Matthew Saltzman wrote:
>

>>But the real issue is that in FC3, the full-featured synaptics touchpad
>>driver is included in the distro and the touchpad is detected at install
>>time.
>>

>I know about synaptics;  I installed it manually at FC2.  But my real
>question is, what feature of Firefox causes it to go back pages when one
>accidentally touches a particular part of the touchpad, and which part
>of the touchpad is involved?

Here is what I have found. If the pointer is on the web page and I tap
lower right corner and slide to the upper left corner I will go back one
page. I have not been able to make it go forward yet, but I am still
looking. I will set MaxTapTime to 0 and see if continues to act the same
way.
--

Wayne Leutwyler - RHCT, CNA
Linux Admin / DBA