gnome does not refresh desktop

Mariano Draghi mdraghi at prosud.com
Sat Dec 11 23:21:22 UTC 2004

Jim Christiansen wrote:
> Hello,  I have just switched my wife's computer to gnome - on core3- so
> that she can easily use the automounting camera and usb features.
> Occasionally, she will drag and drop a file or folder onto the desktop,
> but it won't appear on the desktop until she logs out and back in...  Is
> gnome known to be like this?  We have only used KDE for years and are
> not too familiar with gnome.
>
> Any help to remedy this are welcomed.  Thanks,  Jim

As fas as I can tell, it's a bug. I noticed it a couple of days ago... I
couldn't investigate it further yet. I'm almost sure this didn't happen
with the "stock" FC3 installation, so I presume some update broke something.

But there's no need to logout. If you click on the desktop and press
CTRL+R, the desktop will be redrawn, and you'll see your files. It's a
PITA, but it's better than loggin in/out.

Regards,

--
Mariano