mounting usbstick in fc2

Arkajyoti Misra arkajyoti at gmail.com
Sun Dec 12 03:41:57 UTC 2004

I have a similar problem on FC1 and I cannot mount the usb stick on
/dev/sda1. Here is what my /etc/fstab looks like...

LABEL=/                 /                       ext3    defaults        1 1
LABEL=/boot             /boot                   ext3    defaults        1 2
none                    /dev/pts                devpts  gid=5,mode=620  0 0
none                    /proc                   proc    defaults        0 0
none                    /dev/shm                tmpfs   defaults        0 0
/dev/hda5               swap                    swap    defaults        0 0
/dev/cdrom              /mnt/cdrom              udf,iso9660
noauto,owner,kudzu,ro 0 0
/dev/sda1              /mnt/usb              vfat
noauto,owner,user,sync 0 0

The error message is
mount: /dev/sda1 is not a valid block device

Any suggestions?
Thanks.

Arko