Loop Back Devices

Kenneth Lee Ken.Lee at KennethLee.org
Sun Dec 12 04:34:58 UTC 2004

I just upgraded to FC3, and also ran yum update to get all of the latest
and rebooted the server.  I use the server as a cd server with iso
images.  When the machine boots, I now get an error message that all of
the loop devices are used.  I still have my max_loop=64 in the modprobe
file like I used to, and still see 64 devices in dev named loop0 through
loop63.  Any ideas?

Do I need to mount iso images differently with the udev file system?

Is there another way that I should add loop devices?

Thanks,

Ken