KDSKBENT failed to bind

Every other boot or so, I get this message: KDSKBENT failed to bind key
xxx to xxxx.  This happens at several module loads at boot and when I
log in, etc.  Once I reboot with init 6, the next start seems okay.  I
don't know if there is a pattern.  I just booted without the message and
don't plan to reboot for a while...

Is there a reason for this message?  (I may also have spelled it wrong,
I wrote it down in a hurry and am having difficulty reading my own
writing...)

Thanks for any help with this,

Ken