mounting usbstick in fc2

Jeff Lee fedora at jlee.fastmail.fm
Sun Dec 12 18:49:19 UTC 2004

On Saturday 11 December 2004 22:41, Arkajyoti Misra wrote:
> I have a similar problem on FC1 and I cannot mount the usb stick on
> /dev/sda1. Here is what my /etc/fstab looks like...
>
> LABEL=/                 /                       ext3    defaults        1 1
> LABEL=/boot             /boot                   ext3    defaults        1 2
> none                    /dev/pts                devpts  gid=5,mode=620  0 0
> none                    /proc                   proc    defaults        0 0
> none                    /dev/shm                tmpfs   defaults        0 0
> /dev/hda5               swap                    swap    defaults        0 0
> /dev/cdrom              /mnt/cdrom              udf,iso9660
> noauto,owner,kudzu,ro 0 0
> /dev/sda1              /mnt/usb              vfat
> noauto,owner,user,sync 0 0
>
> The error message is
> mount: /dev/sda1 is not a valid block device

I would change vfat to auto.  at least it works for me.  my fstab also
 doesn't have the owner or sync options on that line.  But, I would imagine
 that the vfat part is causing your problems.

jeff lee

--
printk ("Kicking board.\n");
        linux-2.6.6/drivers/net/lp486e.c

--
printk(KERN_EMERG "PCI: Tell willy he's wrong\n");
        linux-2.6.6/arch/parisc/kernel/pci.c