Help opening Development tools and such-

Scot L. Harris webid at cfl.rr.com
Sun Dec 12 20:21:22 UTC 2004

On Sun, 2004-12-12 at 14:53, Jacob S wrote:
> Can someone hep me out. I am new at using fedora3 and I was hoping
> someone could give me some instructions on how to open the C++
> compiler/editor and other development tools and the Authoring and
> publishing tools. Your help is greatly appreciated, thank you very
> much for helping out a linux illiterate person.

You don't open the compiler.  You invoke the compiler on your source
files either via the command line or via a make file.

g++ is the GNU C++ compiler.  It is part of the gcc packages.

us the following command:

man gcc

or

man g++

You can create source files using any editor you like to use such as vi
or gedit.  There are also some development environments available which
others can fill you in on.

What kind of authoring and publishing are you looking for?  There all
kinds of tools available from latex to quanta plus depending on the type
of authoring and publishing you want to do.

I recommend you spend some time reading through the man pages and pick
up a book or two on these subjects.

--
Scot L. Harris
webid at cfl.rr.com

Always do right.  This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
		-- Mark Twain