make error

soraberri 421246 at posta.unizar.es
Mon Dec 13 11:32:55 UTC 2004

Paul Howarth wrote:
> soraberri wrote:
>
>> I can't reach point 3 because the make fails, but I've notice
>> something weird from the screen output of the ./configure script. This
>> is only the part I'm refering to:
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> checking for ALSA LDFLAGS...  -lasound -lm -ldl -lpthread
>> checking for libasound headers version >= 1.0.3... found.
>> checking for snd_ctl_open in -lasound... yes
>> ./configure: line 3249: XIPH_PATH_AO: command not found
>> configure: creating ./config.status
>> config.status: creating Makefile
>> config.status: creating sbc/Makefile
>> .
>> .
>> .
>>
>> So, I have checked line number 3249 of the ./configure script and it
>> only says:
>> XIPH_PATH_AO
>>

>> But, maybe it's not the point... ¿what do you think?
>

> Try installing the libao-devel package and see if that helps.
>
> Paul.

I have checked libao installed on my sysmem (rpm -qa libao) and it seems
I have libao-0.8.5-2 installed. Maybe this is a too new version, because
  I can't find any newer one, so I will uninstall the actual version I
have and will reinstall an older one... for example
libao-0.8.3-alt2.src.rpm

Hope it works?

Thanks for your helpfull help folks.