make error

soraberri 421246 at posta.unizar.es
Mon Dec 13 12:15:58 UTC 2004

Dries Verachtert wrote:
> On Monday 13 December 2004 12:32, soraberri wrote:
>

>>I have checked libao installed on my sysmem (rpm -qa libao) and it seems
>>I have libao-0.8.5-2 installed. Maybe this is a too new version, because
>>  I can't find any newer one, so I will uninstall the actual version I
>>have and will reinstall an older one... for example
>>libao-0.8.3-alt2.src.rpm
>

> You also need libao-devel. The package libao alone is not enough. The  *-devel
> packages contain additional files which are needed when you want to compile
> programs which need certain libraries.
>
> kind regards,
> Dries

well, I have installed the libao-devel package. Thanks for the tip
because I was thinking that libao and libao-devel was different versions
of the same...Before installing I checked the ao.m4 file you told about
and it didn't exist. I'm very happy for having this new file now.

but, this is what I get with the first step in the build process:

[root at castejon btsco]# ./bootstrap
/usr/share/aclocal/ao.m4:9: warning: underquoted definition of XIPH_PATH_AO
   run info '(automake)Extending aclocal'
   or see http://sources.redhat.com/automake/automake.html#Extending-aclocal

uf! running info '(automake)Extending aclocal' is all but explanatory...