Printing Problems

Joseph McCrary joemccrary at fastmail.fm
Mon Dec 13 14:02:54 UTC 2004

Last week, I started having problems printing. I've got two printers
connected, both of which used to work fine. One is a Canon S600
connected to a USB port. The other is a HP LJ 6MP connected through my
local network.

When I try to print a test page, I get this error:

lpr: error - unable to print file: server-error-service-unavailable

I'm running Core 3, and have done all of the updates. I downloaded and
installed the latest version of CUPS (1.1.22). That did not help.

Please help.

Joe