Up2date icon freezing

Randy toucan at tropicalrain.us
Mon Dec 13 14:13:12 UTC 2004

Up2date in gnome freezes for me very often.  I've seen it with slow up2date
sites, and also when I select more than about five updates.  Sometimes it
works with more than five, but usually it doesn't.  I usually end up
killing it and then selecting less updates the next time around, which
usually works.  The good news is that stuff that was already downloaded
doesn't need to be re-downloaded.  :-)  On the rare occasion when I've
selected ten updates, usually two restarts will help it finish. (For me, it
always locks up between downloads)  Line speed isn't the problem.  I have
512k DSL.