YUM updating?

Eric Scott scottclansman at cwazy.co.uk
Mon Dec 13 17:16:08 UTC 2004

Jonathan Berry wrote:

>On Sun, 12 Dec 2004 21:36:44 -0600, Eric Scott
><scottclansman at cwazy.co.uk> wrote:
>

>>Newbie to Fedora & YUM here; FC2.
>>
>>I have Mono version 1.0.4 installed via YUM.  I changed the source in
>>yum.conf to point to the archive that contains the latest version of
>>Mono (1.1.3), instead of the previous archive that had 1.0.4.  I do "yum
>>update mono-core" and it says mono-core is the latest version.  It did
>>it's little header update thing like it's supposed to... now... um...
>>what am I doing wrong?  How do I update software with Yum?
>>Thanx,
>> ES
>>

>You'll probably need to send more details to get a good answer.  You
>might start by doing a "yum info mono-core" to see if it really did
>download an updated header.  It should give you information about the
>installed package and any available packages.  You probably should
>send you yum.conf file, or at least say what repository you are trying
>to use.  The "yum update <pkg_name>" is the right command to update a
>package, something else is going on.  Also, you might try browsing to
>the repo you are trying to use and try to locate the package manually
>to see if it is actually there.
>
>Jonathan

Well, "yum info mono-core" returned that the latest version is 1.1.3 and
the installed version is 1.0.4, but "yum update mono-core" returned that
"mono-core" is already the latest version.  The yum repository is
http://go-mono.com/archive/1.1.3.  I suppose I could always just
uninstall and reinstall Mono alltogether. :-P

--
Registered Linux user #: 366,862
Registered Linux computer #: 261,856

RedHat Linux Fedora 2
Reasons to buy Windows:  Um....................... None?