Fedora Core 3 - /etc/yum.conf

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Mon Dec 13 20:10:59 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-12-13 at 12:07 -0800, Ted Bolver wrote:
> Hi - given that in FC3 our /etc/yum.conf file should
> just contain the basic options, and our repos should
> now be defined in separate files in /etc/yum.repos.d/
> - could anybody just copy & paste here:
>
> 1) - a basic /etc/yum.conf for FC3
> 2) - just the basic repo files for base and
> updates-released which I can put into
> /etc/yum.repos.d/ as files.
>
> Thanks alot and appreciate any feedback.

These are already supplied as parts of the yum and fedora-release
packages respectively.

If you want to restrict yum to using only mirror sites that are local to
you, see Thomas Chung's article on fedoranews.org about setting up a
local mirrorlist:

http://www.fedoranews.org/tchung/yum-mirrorlist/

Paul.
--