USB-Stick verschwunden

Terry Linhardt linhardt at swbell.net
Tue Dec 14 02:05:05 UTC 2004

Markus Heitzer wrote:

>Hello all,
>
>this is I think just a newbie question, may be I missed something, but
>after plain install an for the first weeks (FC3) whenever I inserted my
>Sony-Usb-Stick a Symbol appeared an I could use it.
>
>Since a few Updates this doesn't happen any more.
>
>Thanks in advance
>
>Markus Heitzer

I don't know the details of your problem. But, there is a known and
reported bug where a usb device, when removed and then re-inserted is
not recognized. It's fixed by a reboot. If you reboot and then it again
recognizes the USB device, my guess is that you (like me) are waiting
for a kernel update to fix this.

Terry