NEC Chipset cardbus USB2 card not working in high speed mode - any hints?

Edward edward at tripled.iinet.net.au
Tue Dec 14 03:55:03 UTC 2004

Charles E Taylor IV wrote:

> usb 6-1: new full speed USB device using address 2
> usb 6-1: not running at top speed; connect to a high speed hub
> SCSI subsystem initialized

You have three hubs (so I'm assuming 6 or more ports). It looks like it
may be possible that some of those ports aren't 2.0 enabled.

Have you tried different ports?

HINT:

On most boards the 2.0 ones are the two next to the keyboard/mouse
plugs. In general most ports on the board are 2.0 enabled, but I've
found some weird implementations before so this would not surprise me.

Regards,
Ed.