Streaming Media - two questions

Zeb Palmer zebthepilot at gmail.com
Tue Dec 14 10:19:43 UTC 2004

Well, this particular service is a free service I offer I don't even
advertise on it.

I do alot of web hosting and such and am switching from windows 2003 to
linux for various reasons. So, mainly my wish to switch is to maintain
continuity among my servers. I've got a mix of windows/linux servers and
all of my workstations dual boot fedora 3 and win XP. Slowly, but surely
I'm going to linux on everything.

I have no problems staying with windows on the media server since it's
already paid for and works great. but I want the stream to be available
on more than windows boxes.

So far, my Linux servers are as stable if not more stable than their
windows counterparts. I'm not worried about reliability as far as the OS
is concerned more the encoder. Server load isn't a big issue, the server
streaming this does only this stream and nothing else, normally 10-20
users on it during the day.  max of  60.

So I guess if I can get it playing on my Linux box I'll leave it till
the next major hardware upgrade. otherwise....

zeb