Kernel Build Question.

When I build a kernel I normally take the config file for the current fedora kernel, and make the needed changes to it, like turning off 4K stack (for ndiswrapper), EFI GUID (so I can use my ipod) and turning on NTFS support (yes I know there is a rpm for this).

I guess my question is this: Is this a good way of building a kernel? Or would I be better off building my own config file.

--
Wayne Leutwyler - RHCT, CNA
Linux Admin / DBA