Re: how can you check if ipv6 is actually 'working'?

Alexander Volovics wrote:
Thanks for the comprehensive reply. This ipv6 thingy had me really
puzzled. I started thinking about it because I noticed that when I
added an alias eth0:1 it had no inet6 adress (by the way can you also
tell me how to add an inet6 address to an alias).

Just add it directly to the physical interface (eth0). Functionally (and inside the kernel) it is the same thing.

I think I will just disable it for now.

Good choice ;-)

--
Aleksandar Milivojevic <amilivojevic pbl ca>    Pollard Banknote Limited