Fedora Core 3 (Gnome and Kde)

David Liguori liguorid at albany.edu
Tue Dec 14 16:40:11 UTC 2004

Sasa Stupar wrote:
> V pon, 13.12.2004 ob 07:45 je Tammar K. Ajam napisal(a):
>
>>Hi to all.
>>
>>Can i switch from the Gnome Env. to the KDE env. in fedora core 3.
>>Regards
>>
>>Tammo

> Yes. At GUI login screen click on session an choose kde.
>
> Sasa

I noticed in FC3, looking through the configuration menus, if I switch from Gnome to KDE and check the "this session only" box, counter intuitively, running switchdesk from a shell prompt does not stick: upon re-starting X I am still with KDE.  The only way I discovered to get back to Gnome is run the same configuration utility, from the default menus, and again check the "this session only" box.  I don't know whether this is a bug in one or both utilities or lack of understanding on my part.  I don't use the gui login so have no opportunity to change the default desktop there.
 --

David Liguori