bittoorrent - is getting me down.

Sharon Kimble sharonm63 at tiscali.co.uk
Tue Dec 14 17:45:07 UTC 2004

akonstam at trinity.edu wrote:

> I know pwoplw use bittorrent so there must be somewhere that explains
> how to use it clearly enough for someone starting out to understand ,
> but I can't find it.
>
> The rpm README.txt says there is a INSTALL.unix.txt that explains
> things but no file with that name exists. The bittorent home site is
> really aimes at Windows user. Every time I read the README.txt file I
> almost see the picture but then I loose it.
> oTwo strting questions which bug me:
> 1. metainfo files seem to be created using btmakemetafile.py and these
> create .torrent files tha have meta information on another file. Is
> tha right? What kind of files are metainfo files made on?
> 2. How do you find where the other trackers are?
>

> Maybe these answers are obvious but not to me at this point.

I too didn't understand it until the other day, when I was able to
understand and download knoppix via BitTorrent - so I wrote out the method
and how to do it in my blog 'A taste of Linux' [see the sig below for the
url]. I hope this helps you out and explains how I used it successfully.

Take care
Sharon.
--
 17:42:35 up 18:26,  1 user,  load average: 1.97, 1.73, 1.43
A taste of linux http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/efever/index.html