Mounting DOS drive

Tammar K. Ajam tammarajam at gawab.com
Wed Dec 15 10:51:41 UTC 2004

No problem, do the following.
1. go to the terminal.
2. log in as root using 'su' command.
3. type your root password.
4. type '/sbin/fdisk -l' to see a list of your hard drive dev.
5. chose the desired one.
6. make an empy dir for the mount point like 'mkdir /home/username (your
login name)/Desktop/win'
7. mount the drive by typing 'mount /dev/hdXX /home/username (your login
name)/Desktop/win'
8. the first X is the location of the drive (a, b, c or d) depend on the
drive location with in the IDE cable. the other is the no.
9. change the mode for this folder to give a permission to your self
'chmod 777 /home/username/Desktop/win'
You will have your drive mounted in the folder win located in your desktop.

Tammo