Up2date icon freezing

antonio montagnani anto.montagnani at virgilio.it
Wed Dec 15 16:16:34 UTC 2004

Timothy Payne ha scritto/wrote il giorno/on 15/12/2004 16:12:

>>I tried to start rhn-applet-gui from a terminal and I get:
>>
>>rhn-applet-gui
>>  File "/usr/share/rhn/rhn_applet/rhn_applet_model.py", line 368, in
>>fully_initi alized self.__build_sources()
>>  File "/usr/share/rhn/rhn_applet/rhn_applet_model.py", line 134, in
>>__build_sou rces rhn_utils.log_debug("Failed to initialize source %s for
>>%s : %s %s" % (
>>KeyError: 'url'
>>
>>the icon is started on the panel but is completely frozen. RHN Update
>>works fine
>>
>>Any hint??
>>
>>--
>> Antonio
>>

>I've found that opening a terminal and su - root then run up2date -u
>works better than the GUI version.  It will tell you what mirror it went
>to and the error.  If it hangs hit Ctrl + C and the up arrow and enter
>to start over.  In a minute or so the icon turns blue again for me,
>your's sounds funky (technical term) try putting the icon some where
>else if you have two menu bars.  Or if it bugs you delete the thing and
>do the command line option every so often.
>
>Good luck, and my your computer HEAL thy self!
>
>Tim...

Tim,

tnx for you reply.
I can't understand why suddenly icon froze, but I think that it is
connected to the last lines of the rhn-applet-gui start-up in terminal

("Failed to initialize source %s for
KeyError: 'url'

But as I am not an expert of Linux, I am waiting that some guru can solve this (small) problem......please note that this is a problem only on one computer, not the one I am using to write just now. The regular update works fine.

--

 Antonio M.

 Working with  Mozilla Thunderbird 0.9 on Redhat Linux Fedora Core 3