Ctrl-A/E/U/etc in GNOME Apps?

Pete Toscano pete-fedora at verisignlabs.com
Wed Dec 15 16:19:14 UTC 2004

Walter Francis wrote:
> This is rather annoying, and I wish they hadn't changed the default, but hey,
> what can you tell the people who brought us the spatial file manager.
>
> In your home directory, edit or create .gtkrc-2.0 and put in:
>
> gtk-key-theme-name = "Emacs"

I tried this and it didn't work.  I did, however, use "gtk-key-theme" as
the key for a google search, which lead me to searching gconf with
gconf-editor for "key" and came up with the following key:

/desktop/gnome/interface/gtk_key_theme

On my laptop, it is set to "Emacs" but my workstation has it set to
"Default".  I changed this to "Emacs" and now everything's working the
way I want.

Thanks for getting me going in the right direction.

pete