Fedora Core Installation question

Qian Qiao qian.qiao at gmail.com
Wed Dec 15 21:02:42 UTC 2004

On Wed, 15 Dec 2004 15:54:32 -0500, Elizabeth Chaille
<echaille at stetson.edu> wrote:

> Ok, I've downloaded the 4 iso files for CD's and have burned them to CD-R's.
>
> I just can't figure out how to install Fedora now.  Could someone please
> tell me how?
>
> The fedora project website says to boot it from the first CD, but I can't
> figue out how to do that.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks in
> advance.

First, make sure that your computer supports booting from CD (I
suspect almost most of them do, unless your are using a very one
machine). Then dig out your motherboard's manual, in the chapters
relating to BIOS settings, you should be able to find out how to set
it.

BTW, personally, I do recommend you do more background studying before
diving into linux.

Good luck.

-- Joe

--