Triggering the website to send Spam

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Wed Dec 15 23:06:31 UTC 2004

Am Mi, den 15.12.2004 schrieb Littleguru um 23:29:

> I know that I can block the source of spam attack through
> firewall , but what can I do about the sites that have been
> triggered to send spam .the site is innocent but spammers are
> using it for sending spam , so I dont want to suspend that site.
> Do you know how to accomplish this, and how they trigger
> another site to send spam ? and how we can prevent this ?
> any link , help or hint will be greatly appreciated.

I am not very sure whether I understand what you have in mind and ask
help for. So don't mind asking for being sure: you mean you have for
instance a domain registered innocent-domain.com. Then a spammers comes
along a sends his messages with addresses @innocent-domain.com. The bad
side: you will get more or less bounces and maybe even complaints by
annoyed recipients. Do you speak of this case? My answer then: you can't
do anything against that.
I don't understand which role "website" plays in your understanding.
Maybe you think about spammers are grabbing valid email addresses from
websites. Against this you can act by not putting valid email address
formats in the source code of your web sites. Different solutions
(scripts) are available for this, so that a regular website visitor has
not a real problem to mail you feedback.

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 (Tettnang) on Athlon kernel 2.6.9-1.6_FC2smp
Serendipity 23:58:53 up 5 days, 18:39, load average: 0.71, 0.91, 0.82