OT: Hylafax & Samba Fax

Gerry Doris gdoris at rogers.com
Thu Dec 16 02:25:16 UTC 2004

On Wed, 15 Dec 2004, Alexander Dalloz wrote:

> Am Mi, den 15.12.2004 schrieb Gerry Doris um 3:28:
>
> > Alexander, do you have hylafax 4.2.0 working with FC2?  Is it working with
> > pam supported?  I have not been able to get this version to work with pam
> > enabled on FC2.  I have to compile hylafax without pam support or I can't
> > logon...I can receive faxes but can't access the server to send.  Version
> > 1.8.0 works just fine.
>
> > Gerry
>
> I don't have the latest version running. Did you try the binary RPM
> package available on the HylaFax ftp server? Any notes about PAM related
> changes in the changelog of version 4.2.0?
>
> Alexander

Yes, I've tried the binary RPM 4.2.0 package.  It is compiled with pam
support and I have the same problem with it as the source.  There are no
changelog related notes.

I found out about it being a pam problem on the hylafax newlist.  They
were the ones that suggested I try compiling with pam disabled to see it
would work.  Other than helping me discover what was causing the problem I
haven't seen any suggestions helping me fix the problem??  I was hoping
you had the latest version working successfully on FC2 with pam support
(the default) enabled.

--
Gerry

"The lyfe so short, the craft so long to learne"  Chaucer