Downloading mail from an exchange account

Wolfgang Gill wolfgang at rpi.net.au
Thu Dec 16 06:20:34 UTC 2004

On Thu, 16 Dec 2004 00:05:52 -0500, William Lovaton wrote
> Anand, thanx for the response.
>
> I don't mean a laptop.  I am talking about downloading the mail to my
> desktop system.  Think about it like an OutLook client with local
> folders.  So I can save the mails in my office desktop hard drive while
> releasing my quota in the exchange server.
>
> I think it can be done via filters but I don't want to do it that
> way. It should be done in an easier and more intuitive way.
>
> Something like hitting "Send and Receive".
>
> -William
>
> El jue, 16-12-2004 a las 05:37 +0100, Anand Buddhdev escribió:
> > William Lovaton wrote:
> > > I just installed FC3 in my company computer and every thing is good so
> > > far.  I configured my MS Exchange account in Evolution and I can see the
> > > mail directly in the server but I can't download them in my local
> > > folders.  I was hoping for something like POP3 works so I can keep track
> > > of all my mails in my hard disk and prevent my exchange account from
> > > getting full.
> > >
> > > I have to say this is my first time configuring Connector so probably I
> > > am missing something.
> >
> > If you want to download your email from Exchange to your laptop, then
> > you should NOT configure the Exchange connector. Ask your Exchange
> > server admin to enable POP3 on the Exchange server, and then configure a
> > POP3 account in evolution. In fact, you don't need the Exchange
> > connector. However, using POP3 means you do not get to use any of the
> > other features of Exchange.

So you are thinking about something along the lines of, using it OFF line,
then using 'send/receive' to sync the folders? (Then thinking about it this
way, what ever you change in the offline folders, will replicate to the
server). Hmm... Was just a thought.. Then I usually move things I need to a
personal folder, which doesn't replicate to the exchange server...

Wolf