SELinux and Bugzilla Installation Problem

Ed Solis improvisus at gmail.com
Thu Dec 16 07:53:00 UTC 2004

Hello.

I'm installing bugzilla on FC3 system. Everything works properly if I
have SELinux disabled. When SELinux is set to enforcing, I can't
connect to the mysql database. The selinux audit message is as
follows:

avc:  denied  { search } for  pid=7645 exe=/usr/bin/perl name=mysql
dev=hda2 ino=1669040 scontext=root:system_r:httpd_sys_script_t
tcontext=system_u:object_r:mysqld_db_t tclass=dir

The mysql.sock file is located at /var/lib/mysql.

As far as I can tell, SELinux is preventing the bugzilla script (which
are perl scripts) from accessing the /var/lib/mysql directory which
contains the mysql.sock causing the script to fail.

Aside from disabling SELinux, how do I tell SELinux to allow my
bugzilla installation (installed at /var/www/bugzilla-2.19.1) to allow
access to /var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock?

Any help is appreciated.

Ed