Bacula rpm for Fedora Core 3

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Thu Dec 16 12:52:06 UTC 2004

Rick Meyer wrote:
> Anyone know where I can find an rpm for Bacula for Fedora Core 3 x86_64?
>
> Or
>
> What is needed to compile the sources for Bacula?

You can grab the source RPM at
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=50727&package_id=76408

(bacula-1.36.1-2.src.rpm)

Download that, then use:

rpmbuild --rebuild --define 'build_fc1 1' --define 'build_mysql 1' \
	bacula-1.36.1-2.src.rpm

or

rpmbuild --rebuild --define 'build_fc1 1' --define 'build_sqlite 1' \
	bacula-1.36.1-2.src.rpm

or

rpmbuild --rebuild --define 'build_fc1 1' --define 'build_postgresql 1' \
	bacula-1.36.1-2.src.rpm

depending on which backend database you want to use. You may need to install
some other packages due to build dependencies but RPM will tell you about
those if they're needed.

Don't be tempted to replace the "build_fc1" with "build_fc3"; the spec file
only supports fc1 directly and builds just fine like that.

If you've not build RPMs before, instructions for setting a build area in your
own directory (so you can build as non-root - highly recommended) can be found
at: http://fedoranews.org/tchung/rpmbuild/

Paul.