RPM

Temlakos temlakos at comcast.net
Thu Dec 16 14:32:01 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-12-16 at 17:15 +0300, Tammar K. Ajam wrote:
> RPM is for (REDHAT package manager) it's like windows setup program
> which have the program or the script that you want to install.
> These package can be easly install over REDHAT Linux and Fedora Core
> using package manager.
>
> The normal package may be for mandrake Linux or Debian or other
> distribution of Linux.
>
> Tammo

Er--actually, Mandrake is an RPM-based system. Debian uses its own
unique package management system that maybe a few distros have copied.
I'm almost certain that "normal package" means "tar ball," which, if you
know how to manage it and can accept the responsibility, will work with
any distribution.

Temlakos