subversion with http

John fedora.core.linux at gmail.com
Thu Dec 16 19:38:45 UTC 2004

Greetings, apologies for the anonymous email address (I just find
gmail near-perfect for high traffic mailing lists like this one).

I am trying to share some code with some friends, so I'd like
to set up subversion, through http and apache2.  I'd like some
people to be able to login and commit changes, but also for
there to be anonymous read-only access, so anyone can
download the code.

I'm running two computers.  One with FC2 and the other with
FC3, both are full installations and fully updated, and I don't mind
using either as the svn server.  Subversion and all its
dependencies are installed.

I looked around for fedora core specific instructions, and couldn't
find anything too helpful, so I tried to follow some more generic-linux
instructions.  Unfortunately, I couldn't get it to work (I get some
errors when using svn from a remote machine).  I realized after that
Fedora Core 2 or 3 already has some basic configuration for
subversion in place, like the file /etc/httpd/conf.d/subversion.conf is
given.  So, I am guessing there is a simple way to set this up properly.

Does anyone have a good source for instructions on setting up
subversion with Fedora?  If not, I don't mind presenting the steps I
took if people are willing to help.

Thanks,

John