Fedora Core 3 Newbie

delir!um delirium at expansionmedia.de
Thu Dec 16 21:37:37 UTC 2004

Hi Trevor,

On Thu, 2004-12-16 at 11:21 -0400, Trevor Smith wrote:

> The ATI card has been a problem for me for a long time. I don't know about 3d
> acceleration but I tried a "new" driver a month or less ago that was
> mentioned on this list. It did not work for me but it may for you. Try the
> archives of this mailing list:
>
> https://listman.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list/

Well, there is no support for the MOBILITY Radeon 9700 just for Radeon
9700 and those drivers don't do the job, but I will try to find
something with Google ;-)

> > 3. It's important to get to work my WLAN Card either because of my
> > Router at Home, I hate long cables.
>
> If there is no native support for your WLAN card, try the ndiswrapper
>
> http://ndiswrapper.sourceforge.net/
>
> and follow these directions to get it set up (they worked for me):
>
> http://www.linuxelectrons.com/article.php/20040507104718960

That will not work, because it is only for 32 bit processors and my
processor is AMD 2800+ 64 bit (I could install the 32 bit version of
fedora but I want to use the whole power of my cpu). And I get the
errors about that.

Kind regards,
delirium