Apache and multiple Virtual Hosts best practices

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Fri Dec 17 02:53:07 UTC 2004

Am Fr, den 17.12.2004 schrieb Timothy Ha um 0:36:

> Sorry, I am still stuck with point 3. suphp seems to work with PHP as
> CGI (a problem which suexec also solves). But since my PHP is a module
> (or filter in Apache2), suphp doesn't help. PHP scripts can't write in
> the user's directories.

> Timothy.

I don't know which problem you have with mod_suphp on Fedora, but it
does what you wanted it for in your previous mail.

Because of interest I compiled and installed it on one of my FC1 servers
and it runs nicely. I created a PHP test script - a counter - and set in
the vhost's configuration to run PHP scripts with my UID/GID. According
to the configuration I got in the /var/log/httpd/suphp_log:

[Fri Dec 17 03:26:13 2004] [info] Executing
/home/adalloz/www/domain.net/html/counter.php as user adalloz (500),
group adalloz (500)

The counter.php has to have chmod 750, while with "normal" PHP operation
(not by the CGI handler) read permissions would be sufficient.

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 (Tettnang) on Athlon kernel 2.6.9-1.6_FC2smp
Serendipity 03:45:39 up 6 days, 22:26, load average: 0.34, 0.37, 0.39