[SOLVED] Please help: problems using kdvi.

Gustavo Seabra seabra at ksu.edu
Fri Dec 17 04:38:22 UTC 2004

Hi,

Just though it could be useful for someone in the future...

My initial problem:
===================
Kdvi didn't display any text if started from command line or from
another program which was itself started from command line. It worked
fine if started from the K-menu or usinf root.

The key suggestion:
===================
[from Rex Dieter, in kde-redhat-users at lists.sourceforge.net]
 > The only difference I'm aware of is that a Konsole command line loads
 > your ~/.bashrc (for bash) and ~/.tcshrc (for tcsh), whereas K-menu
 > doesn't.

The solution:
=============
I had in my .cshrc a command supposed to change the Konsole titlebar so
that it shows the last command issued:
[...]
  alias postcmd '/bin/echo -n "^[]0;${USER}@${HOSTNAME}: $cwd> \!#^G"'
[...]
Commenting this line solved the problem. I don't get the last command
issued in the konsole title bar anymore, but that's not so important
anyway.

Thanks a lot to all that tried to help.

Gustavo Seabra - Graduate Student
Chemistry Department