Installation Problems

Peter Cannon peter at cannon3.wanadoo.co.uk
Fri Dec 17 12:40:55 UTC 2004

On Friday 17 December 2004 12:28, Max Reeves wrote:

> Hi FC3 users,
>
> I installed the application *Password Manager*, but where is it now? How
> can I start it? I saw screen shots on the web and it should have a GUI.
> On Windows you can use new installed apps by selecting START -> All
> Programs etc.. How it is done on Linux (which I love right now, although
> it is tough for me to understand it at present).

Have a look in /usr/bin (most of what you would call .exe live there) you can
add it by right click on the tool bar, then add custom application, browse
to /usr/bin select the icon you need and you will then be able to run it from
the new icon you have :-)

> I have a file called gDesklets-0.32.tar.bz2 and I tried to untar it by
> tar -xf gDesklets-0.32.tar.bz2, it shows me:
>
> tar: This does not look like a tar archive
> tar: Skipping to next header
> tar: Archive contains obsolescent base-64 headers
> tar: Read 4482 bytes from gDesklets-0.32.tar.bz2
>
> Are there any other tools for bz2 files? Or am I doing s.th. wrong with
> TAR? Or is it my amd 64 bit again?

You can get this as an rpm much easier to install, I have, but it dosent work
for me I wanted to see what it looked like but gave up.

--
Regards
Peter Cannon