Fedora Project launches Pre-Extras

Satish Balay balay at fastmail.fm
Fri Dec 17 15:37:35 UTC 2004

On Fri, 17 Dec 2004, Peter Cannon wrote:

> > So far Fedora hasn't provoied 'apt' metadata for any of the
> > repositories.  Only some mirror sites have been generating this for
> > your use.
>
> I'm not sure I follow what your saying? are you talking specifically about
> pre-extras?

I'm talking about the Fedora project - as in 'Fedora Core'. Now
'Fedora Extras' is part of the 'Fedora' project (and pre-extras - is
currently behaving like 'rawhide' to 'extras')

For eg: you won't find 'apt' metadata for 'Fedora Core'
http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/3/i386/os/
< however some mirrors create apt metadata for your use>

> I have had a look at the rpms I could just download them and install
> but I like Synaptic and want to keep everything under one roof.

You might have to wait for some mirrors to (host the extras/pre-extras
repository) and generate this metadaga for your use.

Satish