battery monitor [Was: Compiling s.th. into Kernel]

Satish Balay balay at fastmail.fm
Fri Dec 17 15:43:48 UTC 2004

On Fri, 17 Dec 2004, Maciek R. wrote:

> On Fri, 2004-12-17 at 08:57 -0600, Satish Balay wrote:
> > On Fri, 17
> > The 'battery charge applet' should show this information. (you can add
> > this to the panel)
>
> there is no 'battery charge applet' I am searching for 30 minutes now.

1. Are you running gnome?

2. Do you have 'gnome-applets' package installed? (it should be
   installed if gnome is installed)

rpm -q gnome-applets

3. - If so - use 'mouse-3' on the panel - which brings up a menu.
   - Choose 'Add to Panel'
   - This will pop-up a list of choices. Choose 'Battery Charge Monitor'

If you are not running gnome - you can install/use gkrellm or xosview,

Satish