Newly made laucher on desktop missing until reboot

Barry Yu barryyupuilee at sbcglobal.net
Fri Dec 17 19:33:20 UTC 2004

A new installed fc3 after  update  completion, I installed the xine and
try to make the launcher on desktop - right click on desktop and
selected "Create launcher", when I finished the process suppose the
launcher should be placed on desktop immediately - but not this time,
just like nothing had happened. I rebooted the system when logged into
desktop, the launcher is there this time and it works perfectly. Any way
can resolve this problem? same thing happened to launchers for other
application when I created them. TKS