Firestarter problem after update

Juan Martinez martinez at eecs.cwru.edu
Fri Dec 17 20:20:36 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-12-17 at 14:00, Olaf Mueller wrote:
> Hello,
>
> last night yum update breaks my firestarter configuration. Yum updated
> firestarter from version 0.9.3 to version 1.0.1. Now I can't start
> firestarter any more, the error message is:
> "A proper configuration for Firestarter was not found. If you are
> running Firestarter from the directory you built it in, run 'make
> install-data-local' to install a configuration, or simply 'make
> install' to install the whole program. Firestarter will now close."
>
> So I downgraded firestarter to version 0.9.3, but this runs into the
> same error message. Before upgrading to version 1.0.1, firestarter was
> running very well under fc3. How can I get back a working firestarter
> installation?
>

> regards
> Olaf

The firestarter config files have changed.  You need to reconfigure
firestarter for 1.0.1 to work.  If you look in /etc/firestarter/ you'll
probably find your old configuration files from firestarter 0.9.3.

The 1.0.1 package should have appended ".rpmsave" to the filenames when
you upgraded.  If you rename the files 0.9.3 should work for you again.

Juan