RHL9 to FC3

Andrew Konosky TerranAce007 at comcast.net
Fri Dec 17 22:36:04 UTC 2004

Eugene Poole wrote:

> I've read in multiple places how to do a install of Fedora Core 3, but
> none on upgrading from RHL9 to Core 3.  Is there some doc available?
> If so, where?  Also, I'm running Oracle 9i on this machine and I need
> to not disturb it.  Does anyone have any ideas?
>
> Gene
> etpoole at adelphia.net

Your best bet would to go the Fedora website http://fedora.redhat.com/
for installation instructions and docs. Doing an upgrade might not be
the best option since RH9 and FC3 are different distributions. I have
seen posts on here of people have problem upgrading FC1 to FC3 and such
as well. Backing up the stuff you need and doing a fresh install of FC3
will give the best results.