Scanner add

Danesh Daroui Danesh.D at bredband.net
Sat Dec 18 01:24:46 UTC 2004

Hi all,

I use FC3. I have purchased a Brother all-in-one machine (Fax, Scanner,
Inkjet printer and Copier) integrated. Brother has released RPM drivers
for these series of machine for Redhat platforms and it is downloadable
from its web site. It is two separate RPMs for Scanner and Printer. (I
think) I have downloaded and installed both, because however FC3 would
detect this devide but proper device driver would not found and it
didn't work at all. Now:
1. I can not find any utility to add scanner in FC3. Can anyone help ?
2. Is there any utility with FC3 to send and/or receive faxes with
computer and not manually by using fax machine ?
3. When I installed drivers for Redhat (2 RPMs) nothing happend and no
more device driver added. When I send something to it to print, it shows
Receiving Data... but it stops and nothing prints. Can it be becuase of
improper driver ?

Regards,

Danesh