gThumb & Media Readers [Follow-up]

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Sat Dec 18 05:59:15 UTC 2004

James McKenzie wrote:
> Andrew Choens wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 2004-12-17 at 20:54 -0500, Thom Paine wrote:
>>

>>> I have the Sony P43 which seems to not be listed in supported types with
>>> gthumb.
>>>
>>> I ran tail /var/log/messages and I see the device get listed, and I can
>>> mount it to, and connect to the /media/usbstick folder and view the
>>> files.
>>>
>>> Is there a way to import from a generic location, as opposed to a
>>> specific camera to let me use the media reader with the different memory
>>> cards?
>>>

>> Yes.  Which version of Fedora are you running?  I'm running FC3 and when
>> I insert my usb or pcmcia card reader, I get a dialog telling me there
>> are pictures on the medium, would I like to import them.
>

> I've tried this and when I get to the next screen and the system states
> that I don't have a camera connected.  I am using an older Sony SC-85. I
> also want to use a Dazzle 4-in-1 reader.  The system recognizes the
> device and will react when I insert a Sony-type memory stick, but will
> not recognize the directory structure on the stick itself.

More on this:

I get two (yep two), import pictures dialog boxes.  The first states
that I don't have a camera connected to the system, and if I dismiss
this box, the second will bring up the contents of the Memory Stick, but
comes up in directory below the one that contains the pictures taken by
my camera.  I would like to know where this setting resides to change
the USB connection type.

James McKenzie