sound device

antonio montagnani anto.montagnani at virgilio.it
Sat Dec 18 14:30:36 UTC 2004

adel.essafi at laposte.net ha scritto/wrote il giorno/on 18/12/2004 13:54:

>I have put permissions  to 777 and still with no sound!!
>
>On Sat, 2004-12-18 at 04:17 -0500, adel.essafi at laposte.net wrote:
>

>>>hi list
>>>I succeeded to install skype on my FC3.
>>>now, I wanna know what is my sound device.
>>>In skype options , It uses /dev/dsp but I can t hear anything whereas , I
>>>listen to music with xmms and other toolkits...
>>>so , hwo can I get the name of my sound device.
>>>

>Have you checked your permissions to /dev/dsp?
>
>-- Regards, Erik P. Olsen

>http://mail2web.com/ .

Same problem here: I guess it depends on the different sound card, I am
using an old SB16 Vibra.
On a different computer (but very similar with FC3 and same bundle of
software) it worked even with no change in permissions.

--

 Antonio M.

 Working with  Mozilla Thunderbird 0.9 on Redhat Linux Fedora Core 3