More broken yum dependencies....

Bernd Radinger bradinger at gmail.com
Sat Dec 18 14:59:47 UTC 2004

On Fri, 17 Dec 2004 16:43:33 -0600, Andrew Konosky
<TerranAce007 at comcast.net> wrote:

> >>Error: Missing Dependency: libFLAC++.so.2 is needed by package

atrpms is suffering from problems in yum. at least bugzilla at atrpms
claims that. if you examine the packages, the libraries are provided,
but somehow they are not seen. could also be weird package errors. I
don't know. anyway, flac is a Fedora Core package

$ rpm -q flac
flac-1.1.0-7

and you should get libFLAC++.so.2 from there:

$ rpm -q --provides flac | grep FLAC
libFLAC++.so.2
libFLAC.so.4
libOggFLAC++.so.0
libOggFLAC.so.1

if that fails, other repositories you added do some nasty upgrades of
the core packages.

> Well I have separate .repo files in /yum.repos.d rather than one
> yum.conf, but I disabled atrpms, freshrpms, and livina from my config
> files.

It seems you can't use atrpms with the default yum. because else you
will see above errors.

> I have had problem before with Livina and the missing Fedora.us
> for FC3, but yum works now with just the Fedora repos, dries, and dag.

poor livna. their fc3 packages were built against fc2 Fedora.US, so
you had to enable the right fc2 repositories. their website says so.
but it doesn't cause any conflicts, because everything in fc3 which
was in Fedora.US fc2 earlier, is upgraded by fc3.

--
Bernd ``who wonders whether livna now works with pre-extras?'' R.