Fedora Core 3 and My Questions

Stephen Walton stephen.walton at csun.edu
Sat Dec 18 19:29:51 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-12-16 at 08:52 +0100, delir!um wrote:

> I am another newbie, who needs your help.

I can tackle two of the four questions.

> 3. It's important to get to work my WLAN Card either because of my
> Router at Home, I hate long cables.

What is the make and model?  If it is an Atheros based card you need the
madwifi module, http://madwifi.sourceforge.net/

> 4. Is there software for Linux on the Internet where I can store my
> passwords in a crypted file and decrypt it by using one main password?

There is an article on exactly this topic in the current issue of Linux
Journal, in the "Cooking with Linux" column.
http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/7853 but you have to have a
subscription to read it on line. KDE Wallet Manager and Password
Management System are the two discussed.  The former only works with KDE
applications.