inatalling fedora on a second drive

Jonathan Berry berryja at gmail.com
Sat Dec 18 20:22:04 UTC 2004

On Sat, 18 Dec 2004 18:55:42 +0000, Maria Arboleda
<lunaluna50 at hotmail.com> wrote:
> I installed fedora on a second drive in this way:
>
> hdb1/ boot
> hdb4 /
> hdb3 swap
>
> I installed the dual boot system, but now when it comes up I get 2 options:
> 1. Fedora 2. Other, and when I click on 2. other it does not go to windows..

Sounds like GRUB is working at least.  I assume by "click" you mean
select the entry with the arrow key and hit enter, since there is no
mouse at this point.  What does it do then?  Anything?  What messages
do you get?  How did you install GRUB, to the MBR or to the linux boot
partition?

> I need windows... how can I delete this installation and get to windows on
> my hda?? or how can I get windows running? I tried a boot disk, but it did
> not work

What do mean by you tried a boot disk?  First of all, look at the file
/etc/grub.conf  The "Other" entry should look something like:
title "Other"
rootnoverify (hd0,0)
chainloader +1

This is assuming Windows is installed on the first partition of the
first boot disk (normally hda).  Send the contents of your
/etc/grub.conf and send the output of the command:
fdisk -l
to the list.

> HELP!!!!!

Calm down, it will be alright : ).