Low internet speed

Danesh Daroui Danesh.D at bredband.net
Sat Dec 18 23:43:06 UTC 2004

Hi all,

I am a FC3 user. I have connected a broadband internet CAT5 cable (8
Mbit/1 Mbit) to this system. Before FC3, I was using Windows XP and the
speed was fine, but when I installed FC3, the speed got low dramatically
! The only change I have made is that I used a long cable (Maybe 8 m or
more) to connect that system to internet. Can it be a reason that could
increase the error rate ? I use a wireless LAN and can use a USB
wireless adapter but I am not sure if FC3 is compatible with wireless
networks or not, however it says it does. Have anyone any suggestions or
experience about this problem ?

Cheers,

Danesh