kernel modules

g.tilghman at cox.net g.tilghman at cox.net
Sun Dec 19 01:19:39 UTC 2004

I must not have something configured, even when i su and put in my password and I am in root, lsmod and insmod and the like still say command not found.  They are THERE!  I went to /sbin and they are all there.  Aparently I dont have the kernel configured to load modules.

The imm module from what I understand, which is in the scsi directory is for the zip plus parallel port drive.  It is supposed to be parallel port but I guess it is viewed as scsi?  I dont know.

I configured FC3 as a personal computer instead of installing everything.  I read somewhere that installing all the servers left your workstation open to attacks.

I am still a newbie and know just enuff to be dangerous.  LOL

Gregg