Azureus + Java 1.5 + FC3

Ow Mun Heng Ow.Mun.Heng at wdc.com
Sun Dec 19 03:14:12 UTC 2004

On Sat, 2004-12-18 at 18:46, Paul Howarth wrote:
> On Fri, 2004-12-17 at 11:47 +0000, Jim Higson wrote:
> >
> > I'd try Gnome-Bittorrent - it's a very simple client, similar to the original
> > but that fits in nicer with the Fedora desktop.
> >
> > See http://fedoranews.org/tchung/gnome-btdownload/ for details on using it
> > with Fedora.
>
> Thomas's article was originally written for Fedora Core 2, and so is
> based on a fairly old version of gnome-btdownload due to more recent
> versions requiring later versions of various gnome libraries that were
> not available in FC2. FC3 does contain the required libraries and is
> therefore compatible with the latest version of gnome-btdownload
> (0.0.17). I have FC3 RPMs available at: http://www.city-
> fan.org/ftp/contrib/bittorrent/

Thanks Paul for the suggestion, but I have to decline. I think it's not
because I'm used to azureus, it's just the features of Azureus is much
better compared to others.

It's capability to queue is amazing. as well as to limit/rate/ban
traffic. It's something else.

I've just DL'ed blackdown's Java and i'm giving it a go.

(J2re from DAG/SUN did not work.)

--
Ow Mun Heng
Gentoo/Linux on D600 1.4Ghz